Greetings from the Bethune Health Office!
The Health Office is open 8:40am-3:10pm on school days. Please call during this time for any questions you have about services that the Health Office provides.
- Health Office: (612) 668-2550 (Option #3)
- Attendance Line: (612) 668-2550 (Option #1)
- Fax: (612) 668-2560
Health Office Staff:
Ms. Kelly is Bethune's Health Service Assistant (HSA). She is in the Health Office on all school days. She has worked at various MPS schools since 2001 and has been at Bethune since 2009. Her past experience includes working as a Medical Assistant in a clinical setting.
Please visit the District's Health Website for :
- Commonly Used Forms
- Information about Illness and Communicable Disease
- Immunizations Needed for School
- Taking Medicine in School
Am I well enough to go to school? This brochure has information about common childhood illnesses and details about when they must stay at home.
Does your child have Special Dietary Needs? Please visit the Nutrition Services Website for information and forms about providing special diet accommodations for students.
- In School Dental Clinic: This mobile clinic is provided by Children's Dental Services. Please contact the Health Office for a consent form.
- Hearing Screening: Performed annually by the district's audiologist for all 1st grade students.
- Vision Screening: This service is provided by Phillip's Eye Clinics EYE program. Screening is performed annually for all K,1st,3rd, & 5th grade students.
- Washburn Center for Children: They provide in-school mental health services. Please contact the health office or a social worker for a consent form.
Health Office Mission
To promptly address needs to help students be in their optimal health and get back to learning. To identify when a health concern may be a barrier to learning and partner with the parents and teachers to minimize the educational impact. To prevent identifiable emergencies through education of staff and utilize resources to improve our students' access to excellent health care.